Right to know the physical address of an ip address

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know if a victim is being harassed with e-mails, can that victim find the physical address of the offender using the ip address of the emails received, without taking any permissions.

If any such permissions are needed, please kindly let me know the sections of IT act 2000 under which the guidelines are provided. Where should the victim approach and is it true that the victim has to take permission from the magistrate of a district level court to know the physical address of the ip address from which he is receiving e-mails?

In case the victim finds the physical address of the ip address (without taking any permission) by other means is he punishable. If so under which sections is he punishable.

Please kindly advice.

Thanking you.

Yours obediently,
Prasad

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert)

what kind of harassment you r facing?if it is some thing relatid to crime then u can go to the police station and lodge a f.i.r.or y can make a complent case in the court u/s200cr.p.c.

Sachin Bhatia (Expert)

Better to lodge a complaint in the concerned police station they will trace the address of the offender using the ip address of the emails received in the inquiry.

Agreed with Sarvesh

Gulshan TanwarOnline (Expert)

156(3) / 200 CrPC comes into action

Gulshan TanwarOnline (Expert)

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)

File a police complaint.

×