Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Repairs to terrace

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 October 2019 This query is : Resolved 
I own an apartment which is on the top floor, recently there was leakage from the terrace, now to get it repaired is it the responsibility of the owner or the association?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 01 November 2019
Mr./Ms Anonymous,
Whether the flat is located in a cooperative housing society or some RWA is maintaining?
If the leakage is from roof, it forms part of common area to be taken care by the Society/RWA, otherwise, you are responsible.
It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with full facts/documents of the case for better appreciation, guidance and proceeding.
krishna mohan (Expert) 04 November 2019
If it is within the defect liability period, promoter is responsible . Beyond that such minor works usually attended to by flat owner. However no harm is trying through the society if the roof is common area.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query