LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rental Property

(Querist) 22 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,

I have a industrial property in Pali - Rajasthan. I am the Sole prop. since 1987

I have rented the property to my brother from past 9 years and he is not vacating the property. The agreement is not drafted in the proper way as we do now.

can u tell the procedure of filing a suit against him

can i sue him from chennai but the property is in Pali - Rajasthan

Sir, i am really very new in this field, i dont have any idea regarding civil cases please help me in this issue - its very urgent


praveen kumar (Expert) 22 August 2008
Dear Sir,
Your brother will be treated as tenant and for this purpose you can rely upon the agrremment, though not properly drafted,if from the agreement the relationship of tenant and landlord can be established.This relationship can be proved by rent receipts bearing his signature on the counterfoil,moneyorder coupons or any other such document.
But the suit for ejectment will have to be filed in the city where the propeity is situated or your brother resides or works for gain.
KamalNayanSaxena (Expert) 23 August 2008
Was the land alloted by RIICO Ltd.?
Arihant (Querist) 24 August 2008
Thanks for replying.
The land is alloted to me by RIICO.
I dont have any reciepts for my rent,
but it is deposited directly to my bank account. i have the bank statements. pls guide me..

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :