LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reissue minor passport during divorce

(Querist) 27 August 2012 This query is : Resolved 
I have been trying to get my minor sons passport reissued but I am facing some hurdles during the process.

The annexure for such situations requires the signature of a First Cass Judicial Magistrate. In Mumbai city I have been told by the court itself that the signature of the executive Magistrate is sufficient as per a Supreme Court citation.

But the passport office is refusing to acknowledge this. They are insisting on the signature of a First Class Judicial magistrate.

Firstly, there is no such person in Mumbai city and can be found only in districts like Thane, Kalyan etc. I do not fall under this jurisdiction at all.

Kindly advise me.

Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 August 2012
Consult a local lawyer. he would certainly help you. This is a not a big deal.
Ananya (Querist) 28 August 2012
It is a big deal, which is why I posted this question. I got the affadavit made through one lawyer. Which was rejected becuase it was signed by an executive magistrate. Following which consulted several lawyers who all said the same thing that there is no First class judicial magistrate in Mumbai.And as per a new citation executive magistrates and Notaries can sign these documents.

In fact the person who had the authority to sign such papers herself said the power to sign non judicial papers has been given to executive magistrates.

But passport office will not accept.So if there is a ruling then how do i convince the passport authorities??

Or worst case scenario how do I locate a First Class magistrate who can sign this for me.
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 28 August 2012
either you can get judicial magistrate or file writ to direction to the passport officer.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query