LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regulerisation of contingent sweeper

(Querist) 11 July 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Dear experts
A person working as a contignent part time sweeper since 2012 in the the government office of the Dy. Executive Enginer.
Can't we file a petition or case in a Labour Court for regulerisation /permanent and also asking full time sweeper. If it is possible where to file the case. The person is living at DISTRICT.
Kindly give a suitable advice on this as the person is getting only rs.1200/-per month.
Though it is a part time job but he is working as a full time due to some OBLIGATIONS.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 11 July 2017
Has he put uninterrupted continuous employment in the office?

He was part time employee, his terms of employment, payment of wages method and other related documents need to be referred.

Should contact local worker association for proper guidance / favoring precedence if any in the matter.

Kumar Doab (Expert) 11 July 2017
Such local authorities at times may take local decisions.
The employees have local unions also that can help.
Surender Kumar Sharma (Expert) 12 July 2017
sufficient suggestion, with all information as asked by the experts Advocate Rajendra K Goyal and Advocate Mr. Kumar Doab allow the experts to give a good suggestion
and contact a local lawyer dealing with labour disputes,
Kumar Doab (Expert) 12 July 2017
Thanks for agreeing Mr. SurenderKumar.
P. Venu (Expert) 12 July 2017
No is the answer. The norms in this context have been laid down by the Supreme court in Uma devi vs. State of Karnatka .
Moreover, it appears that the contingent employee's service is utilized only part time. All that could be done is to ensure that the employee receives living wages.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 15 July 2017
Fully agreed with Mr Venu

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query