LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Registration of marriage in gujarat

(Querist) 07 January 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Hi Experts,

I need your guidance to understand the process for registering the marriages in Gujarat.

On date of marriage both the parties were MINOR but today both have attend the majority and willing to register their marriages.

I went to Registar office to register under Special Marriage Act but they are denying to register with reason that Marriage were solemnized during Minority.

Can anyone please guide me what to do here?

Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 07 January 2014
Do not disclose the marriage in minority. Get it registered now in SMA. No harm in it.
Rajesh Rathod (Querist) 07 January 2014
Thanks Devajyoti for your prompt response.

But they ask for Marriage date proof (Marriage Invitation card) so Its clearly visible that Marriage was done in minority.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 07 January 2014
Get it registered under Special Marriage Act where no proof of vedic marriage is needed.
Guest (Expert) 07 January 2014
Well advised by above Expert need not disclose past which may even put you in trouble.Apply Fresh and after 30 days of application register the same on a suitable day for you.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 08 January 2014
Fresh marriage under special marriage act or registration as fresh marriage can be done.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 12 January 2014
Under the present situation, it is better to register the marriage with the fresh date of marriage and not with the old date.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query