LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

registration advocate service tax

(Querist) 29 March 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Shoud an advocate (counciler) has to make registration for service tax?

If his/her annual income of only his basic work is below 400,000?
adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 29 March 2009
need not to register
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 29 March 2009
I think there is no need.
Adv.Shine Thomas (Expert) 30 March 2009
It is not necessary
A V Vishal (Expert) 30 March 2009
There is no provision for service tax for advocate's services.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 30 March 2009
Agree with above views.
Guest (Expert) 30 March 2009
The above views are correct.
DON BOSCO Proprietor of DON As (Expert) 30 March 2009
Dear Sir,

according to a service tax law consultancy is coming under to service tax net but advisory is not taxable. in this connection previously we use to raise a bill as "consultancy charges" subsequently we have changed the word as "advisory charges" for advisory is exempted under the service catogary of commercial consultancy services. so, kindly change your wording of your bill as advisory charges.

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Expert) 30 March 2009
Thank you Mr. Don Bosco.
Ashey (Expert) 01 April 2009
Thank you Mr. Don Bosco.
Hiralal Das (Expert) 04 April 2009
I agree with my learned friends. Please try to follow their valuable opinions.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query