LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Regarding divorce

(Querist) 30 November 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My wife used to beat and torment my mother, leading to her suicide on April 26, 2023. I wanted to file an FIR against my wife, but her brother threatened me and my brother, stating that if we proceeded, they would beat my brother and potentially harm him. They visited me at the hospital with their friends. Subsequently, a Panchayat was convened, and it was decided to give her a chance, considering I have a six-month-old baby boy. However, four months later, her cousin called on 1090 and lodged an attempt-to-rape case against my brother and father. It's noteworthy that her cousin lived in their house while my wife was at my house during that time. She later withdrew the complaint through mutual consultation. Consequently, I filed a divorce case against her as I saw no other way to resolve this situation. My child is currently with her, and I am not satisfied with my advocate. Please suggest what steps I should take and what consequences may arise. I am a government servant working in Bengaluru as an AAO in the office of PAG (AUDIT), Bengaluru

Read more at:
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 01 December 2023
is this same case
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 December 2023
You can change your advocate if you are not comfortable in the way he is managing or conducting yor case.
You cannot get the custody of yor infant child however you can get visitation rights as an interim relief.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 01 December 2023
A repeated query...............................

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now