Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

property rights

(Querist) 28 August 2008 This query is : Resolved 
My father is the only son and he has 3 sisters.My grandfather had some property in IN West bengal.My grandfather expired in 1995.My father expired in 1999.My grandmother expired in 2007.Now my aunt (my father's eldest sister rang us up and asked us for my mother's address.saying they want to probate the will.Incase the will does not contain my father's name can my mother ,my brother and me not have any claim on this property,?Is there any protection which we can take to protect my mother's interest.She does not have any property of her own.Please advise
MOHUA (Querist) 28 August 2008
is something called a caveat possible
GOPI KRISHNA (Expert) 28 August 2008
facts are not in detail to answer

suppose the property is your grandfathers self accquired and he had made will and your aunt want to probate that will,that is possible.

if your grand father died intestate i.e with out making any will all the legal heirs will succeede to his estate, then your family has share in the property, and you can initiate suir for partition against you aunt

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query