LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

property of my husband

(Querist) 27 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
hello im husband is having 1 brother,1sister.for sum reasons my in-laws adopted there daughter,s daughter as now my in-laws are having 2 sons and 1 daughter and 1 adopted daughter named(tua).my husband love tua very much.he is saying that whatever property he will be having he will divide it 50-50 between our children and tua.he say it is his property and he can use according to his doubt is ,is there any law that he can transfer his property to his sister.according to me it will not be loyal to our children.what is crorrect plz tell this he will give everything to her.
yogesh (Expert) 27 January 2011
One has the full right to transfer his property if it self acquired
but not the inheritically
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 January 2011
f you are from Bengal who are governed by Dayabhaa law of inheritance then one has right to give ones anscestral property as well to any one he chooses. His legal heirs have no right to restrain him.
Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Expert) 27 January 2011
If the property is self-acquired property of your husband, he can give that property to any person of his choice and no other person has any right to restrain him from doing so.
R.venkatesh Naidu (Expert) 28 January 2011
i agreed Mr. Parveen kr. Aggarwal. Only when the property has been ancestral you may claim or sue. If the proprty has been your husband's self acquired it is not possible. he can do anything.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query