25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property issue

(Querist) 21 July 2012 This query is : Resolved 
My friend's dad devised the will was to make sure that the properties belongs to him get divided equally between his two sons named Dilip and Jay. Whereas some of the properties he had named it in Mrs. Jay's name resulting to 60% to Dilip and 40% to Jay.

Jay has offered his all the properties to his brother Dilip at the market value which are bone of contention for him. However, brother Dilip is not willing to give Jay a penny for it. He wants to find a way to harass, threaten and black mail Jay so to settle with him for little to no money.

When Jay used to live in India with his dad, he had built up a sizable amount of share portfolio for each of his family members. Same was done for his mother who expired in 1988. Majority of these shares have now disappeared because Dilip got fake signatures done from someone and transferred all these shares in his wife's name. Dilip is not giving any accountability of any of the assets movable or liquid.

In the past, Dilip has used sisters and uncle to attack Jay by giving letters to the banks accusing him of frivolous charges. Moreover, Dilip has threatened Jay verbally several times that he will take Jay to a certain place where he would have no choice but to sign blank papers.

Please, my dear respected and learned friends guide how to get out of this issue legally and sell out his property peacefully at market value as Jay is in abroad and the property is in India- Mumbai. Also Jay is afraid that Dilip may get his share transferred in his name with fake signatures how he got transferred shares.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 21 July 2012
When there is will Jay need not to worry about the properties thru., the will.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query