25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

property in the name of child

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 27 December 2010 This query is : Resolved 
sir my wife has file 498a and pwda for maintenance a two years old child is with her i have demanded child custody.

now i want to buy a house in the name of child.

will the purchase of house in the name of child succeed to curtain the huge money maintenance per month order of wife?

will child custody case helpful to prove that father is invested some money in the name of child for his future as its final duty of each family to earn for children after fundamental needs and hence child custody to be in favour of father?
Bhawani Mahapatra (Expert) 27 December 2010
The custody of child is always decided keeping in view the better intrest of the child. Mere buying a building in child's name or investing huge amount in the name of child can't alone guareentee you to succeed in the case. There are other things to be established before the court showing that child's betterment lies with you.
Moreover it is not sure that your wife can succeed to establish the allegation u/s-498(A) and her demand for child's custodian.
Pritam Saini, Advocate (Expert) 27 December 2010
I agree with Mr.Bhawani.In addition to if you tranfer the plot in the name of your child then court can persume you are in good financial possition and can grant heavy maintaince to your wife.Morever your wife can sell that plot with permision of court being naturel guardian.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 27 December 2010
You can put this proposal before the court while hearing. But only in the matter of maintenance and PWDA or before conciliation board.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query