LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property dispute

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 08 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Hi I own 3 flats out of 4 in which one owned by other. Where us they are not co operative to do common work and gives me more mental pressure like

Initially they kept the plant above my side floor and not maintained properly during rainy time all the mud came out and blocked the water drain area continually in which I was not aware of the future problem I kept let it be but later water gets inside from the roof later I realised because of the plant kept above my side roof it was kept long which cause damaged the floor and water was completely stagnant hence floor got damaged in which water came inside and then I removed the plant in my side and told the neighbour not to keep the plant above my floor but then they kept the plant above his flats even though am getting water from the roof I told them to remove the plants but they denied and kept the plants.

Now am unable to stay during rainy time due to water getting leaking from the floor

Pls suggest what shall we do for solution
Rudrawar Narayanreddy (Expert) 08 December 2023
File an injunction suit restraining them from causing damage to roof or as moulded relief by your advocate to suit your facts.
You can also Seek damages for causing damage to property and for depriving use of your property
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 December 2023
Is it a private property or an apartment?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 December 2023
You can first issue a legal notice to them to remove the plants which causes nuisance and damage to your property due to water logging and seepage into your property.
If he is not listening then you can make a complaint to the society about this and request them to initiate suitable action to stop him from occupying the common area in this manner which causes harm and damage to the neighbors.
If there is no fruitful solution for these steps then you can approach court with suit for permanent injunction restraining him from indulging in such activities which damages your property and causes harm and hardship to you due to this.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now