LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 28 October 2017 This query is : Resolved 
Hi... i have a query,m mother has a property which was earned by my father .And after my fathers death my mom she doesnt wish to share it equally among all. She just want to gve it to her can i fight for this.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 28 October 2017
If the property stands in your mother's name than she can dispose it as she so desire, you cannot dispute it. However if the property is still in your father's name than you can seek your share in the property of the deceased father along with your mother and other siblings, provided he died interstate, without making any Will.
If your father made Will in favour of your mother than that Will has to be probated for becoming executable. You in that case also challenge the Will.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 October 2017
No advice from me to an author who is anonymous.

You can post the query in fresh thread with your identity and material facts.
SurenderKumar (Expert) 29 October 2017
I agree with the experts with adding one thing , If your father has acquired the same land from his father as ancestral property in that condition also you can claim your share and your father's will not stand, so the question arises whether the property is self acquired or ancestral.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 29 October 2017
If the property is in your mother's name she can deal with it in any manner she likes with full or absolute ownership rights. She has a right to bequeath the property to her pet son and leave you high and dry. If it is ancestral you can claim a share in that property along with your mother and her pet son.If your father left a will in your mother''s favor it can be probated in order to be executable. in that case you can challenge the will of your father. executed in your mother's favor.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 29 October 2017
If you appreciate my above answers please give me likes.
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
Misleading advice by Mr. Surender Kumar!

Probably, Mr. Surender Kumar has not read the problem properly before making his advice. Mr. Surendra Kumar has advised about ancestral property, while the querist has clearly stated about property which was earned by his father, i.e., self earned property.

Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
@Anonymous Querist,

You are likely to get more confusing replies until you clarify whether the property was registered in the name of the mother or not and what was the mode of her inheritance.\
Guest (Expert) 29 October 2017
Mr. Rajendra K Goyal, hiding behind the face of a 2 years old child, has not forgotten to take chance to make a childish post, when none made any specific request or compelled to him for his advice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query