LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Power of attorney

(Querist) 09 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 
We have a situation where all our family members are holding discussion and coming to common agreement for property distribution among the family and we want to register the discussion instantly so that there is no issues in future.
1) Now we have total of 8 members where 6 of them are in Bangalore, India and 2 of them are abroad and out of those 6 some are old aged and cannot come immediately for registration or any other office work purposes.
Can all of parties after discussion give power of attorney to a single person, so that he can get the release deed or discussion which all parties agreed registered in sub register office without all parties coming to sub register office?
2) Lets say point #1 is possible and now once he registers the power of attorney, can we register the release deed mentioning the land1 belongs to party1, land2 belongs to party2..etc and with that release deed can the party1, party2..etc register their portion seperately?
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 10 December 2023
1. A common power agent representing all the other parties can be appointed to carry out the tasks entrusted through the said deed.
2. The release deed will be recited with the words that the parties entitled to their share in the property are hereby executing this release deed relinquishing their rights in the property, and nothing else can be mentioned other than this.
Dr. J C Vashista (Expert) 10 December 2023
All the 8 members may execute PoA in favour of either of you for getting the property transferred and registered to each member in terms of settlement
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 10 December 2023
Yes. Two senior and prudent experts are very well said and I cannot add anything.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now