LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Police statement .

(Querist) 01 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I have given a police complaint for drip lateral theft on 26-03-2023 sir .

On this day at the end of interrogation they told me that to bring my mother to make an FIR  . my mother is residing 112k  away and she is a retired gazetted officer and no relation in any way to the theft there.  

Before this date  , that is 12-03-2023 investigation officer she was summoned to the police station and interrogated .

Following that ,  I went to my home town to bring my mother  but it got postponed as she was suffering from lung and autoimmune disease .

through RTI I asked for the information why not made FIR because in the SMS I received on 26-03-2023 that it shows the case is closed .

Through this RTI information , I received rti information documents .Among one is an endorsement document  which I have not seen before .

On the interrogation day , they took my signature for endorsement  without my knowledge , unaware of me  . I just signed this endorsement  at the bottom on trust while other peoples were talking to me and  as I was lots of busy  at the time  .  

This endorsement says that  parties are compromised and the temporary case is closed .

So why do I  compromise when I do not receive the stolen drip later item back which is worth 115000 rs.

They did panchnama  in the theft place before the interrogation . They suspected one person  for this theft and called that person to  interrogate on the above mentioned day 26-03-2023 along with me .

to this date it has been elapsed 1 year .   

As  drip lateral are stolen , I gave the complaint like others  but police officers giving me statement that show me evidence that this person is stolen  . what to say to this ? I do not know , this is the biggest headache for me .

as per my opinion they need to find the thief . 

Kindly I request to suggest me legal solution , please help me sir . thank you .
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 March 2024
You can escalate the complaint to the top police officer of the city and seek his intervention with a direction to the concerned police to investigate and initiate proper legal action in furtherance.
If this also do not fetch the desired relief then you may approach the judicial magistrate court with a complaint under section 156(3) cr.p.c. seeking direction concerned police to take proper action on your complaint as per law
P. Venu (Expert) 01 March 2024
Facts posted lack clarity. Please post simple facts highlighting the issue, if any.
Guru (Querist) 03 March 2024
dear sir, thank you . whatever I ask them like "why not made FIR" , they show this endorsement document to me which has my signature without my knowledge . and investigate offices keep keep giving statmen that "with your permsission we closed this case with that endoesement" . now how do I defend this in court or front of higher police officers for this police officers statment. please help sir , thank you .
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 04 March 2024
The endorsement and signature took from you was not on a blank paper and you are aware of the contents.
if you have already given your consent and have made an endorsement to that effect you cannot demand the police to register FIR
Guru (Querist) 06 March 2024
my dear sir , good point . how do I struggle it ?
for your information sir - truth is that I'm not aware of the contents as they took out lot of print outs at the same and also in fact I did not recieved the stolen items back and till today so how did I made the signature sir ? if I had seen it that "case closed on endorsement " , I would not have signed it - right sir ? as stolen items are not back to me . please help sir . thank you.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 06 March 2024
You can give a complaint against the concerned police to the top police officer and seek his intervention to direct the police to return your articles if they are held by the concerned police.
This endorsement with your signature is a drawback to your case
You have to look for the sources to put a fight back against what you say to be police atrocities

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now