LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Police is arresting the person

(Querist) 11 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Police has arrested one of my known person and know we are in assumption that POLICE will torture him in custody so can we give application of medical to the SHO for the safety so that police.wont harm.the accused or arrestee
And do police officer is bound to accept the application of medical given by SHO
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 11 February 2024
If the SHO gives a medical certificate, the police will take him to the hospital for treatment as per the report of SHO. But they will not send him out till the court final orders.
Dilip (Querist) 12 February 2024
Sir actually I am asking to request for the medical examination of the Accused who has been arrested for his safety so that police officials won't torture him
So for that reason I can ask for medical examination from the SHO FOR THE Safety OF THE ACCUSED
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 12 February 2024
The letter given by the doctor stating the accused is suffering from some ailment/disease may not attract the sympathy to the SHO.
This will not be a binding issue on police.
However, this may help you to obtain bail when applied for.
Dilip (Querist) 12 February 2024
Ok sir thank you good night
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 13 February 2024
If the person who has been arrested, his relatives can apply for bail for him, besides the police will hand over the accused to the local jail, they canot keep him in police custody without a court order.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now