Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Police complaint

(Querist) 11 February 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Can a husband Lodge a police complain against his wife for cheating him by having extra marital affair
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 11 February 2018
Husband can file criminal compliant against the man who indulge in adulterous relationship with his wife under section 497 IPC.
The wife is protected under section 497 IPC as no punishment for her indulging in adulterous relationship with another man and so although the wife is cheating the husband charges under section 420 IPC may not stand for Police Complaint, but charges under section 417 IPC which is non-cognizable offence can be used for private criminal compliant in the Magistrate court against the wife by the husband.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 11 February 2018
Husband can file police complaint however police will not take action against wife. So in order to punish wife husband has to file private complaint in court against wife.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 12 February 2018
Husband can file criminal complaint against paramour(adulterer)of wife but he cant file any such action against wife.However under section 417 criminal compliant /private COMPLAINT WHICH IS NON COGNIZABLE BE FILED AGAINST THE WIFE BY THE HUSBAND IN A magistrate court.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query