LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Permanent alimony

(Querist) 08 February 2012 This query is : Resolved 
In divorce u/s 13B HMA,lady took RS 70,0000 as her past,present & Future consideration for herself & her daughter who is only 3 years.Can minor can claim share in her father`s property on attaining 18 years age if not what is the other remedy.It was her first statement plz reply the query soon,it is very urgent.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 08 February 2012
Yes daughter cam still claim share in the ancestral property of her father.
Legal right can not be waived by way of agreement as the same is against the principle of Public Policy.
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 08 February 2012
i believe that the alimony give all settlement
M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (Expert) 08 February 2012
any read the content of the court order
V R SHROFF (Expert) 09 February 2012
R.Ramachandran (Expert) 09 February 2012
If the property is the self acquired/personal property of the man, then nobody (whether his wife or son or daughter) can have any claim over the same.
However, if the man dies without leaving any will, then it will be inherited by his children (not the wife since she was already divorced).
prabhakar singh (Expert) 09 February 2012
She can not claim any right becoming 18 in fathers properties self acquired unless father dies leaving behind those properties intestate,when she shall have right to inherit.

In case any property in the hands of father is coparcenary inherited from her grand father then she can claim them as coparcener.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query