Pay fixation on promotion

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
21 January 2021

I was promoted in jan 2014. Some option was required to be exercised for pay fixation due to unawareness i did not. The accounts department of my college fixed my pay incorrectly now they say because i did not gave the option for pay fixation there fore nothing can be done now. i am loosing one increment for the last six years. kindly advise Will going to court will help me?

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
24 January 2021

If you have not given the option, then the employer shall take the date of your joining on promotion and fix the pay accordingly. But it cannot be stopped. so you have to file a case in the court concerned. You may get or may not get. Because it depends on the merits and demerits of the case.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x