Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Partition of Property

(Querist) 09 September 2010 This query is : Resolved 
we are three brothers, i am residing with my mother in house which is the property of herself . Two of my brothers have purchased houses on their own name by using the money of composite/partnership business. Now after passing away my mother, what will be the position of such ancestrol property??
Can i claim that property for myself, if she doesn't make any arrangement in this regard??
Kindly advice, what should i do for avoiding any kind of hassle??
A V Vishal (Expert) 09 September 2010
Your brothers too have share in the self acquired property of your mother, it does not matter whether your brothers have acquired their own property or not. They shall be entitled to equal share with all other Class I heirs.
s.subramanian (Expert) 09 September 2010
If you are able to convince your mother take a will from her with regard to this. Otherwise you have to share it with your brothers.
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 11 September 2010
Your mother can convey the property to you as per her wish if it is her self acquired property.With the permission of the other members also your mother can give the property to you if it is not self acquired.
Surrender K Singal (Expert) 11 September 2010
Will by mother in favour of any one with other legal heirs signing as witnesses would be a safe option !

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query