LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pagdi system

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 November 2023 This query is : Resolved 
My landlord is not accepting rent since last 8 years. Now he is insisting on getting the name transferred from ex tenant to my name, he's asking for hefty transfer fee. Though i am staying in the property for more than 15 years, i had paid the rent from 2007 to 2015. Now a new land has acquired the property from trust through attornment. And has not sent a single letter informing that he has acquired the property. Though the trust is not registered in charity commissioner. He is just forcing to get my house transferred in my name
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 30 November 2023
It can be taken on rent for 21 years only. If the tenancy exceeds the period, it requires court permission.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 01 December 2023
In the given situation you may approach court with a petition seeking permission to deposit the rent before court citing the landlord's refusal to accept the rent in the pagdi system rented property.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now