LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

orders of consumer forum

(Querist) 20 June 2008 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed a case against the electricity officials for wrongful disconnection of service inspite of payment of bills regulary. My client is not the owner of premises but only a tenant. The service connection is in the name of landlord. Landlord committed default in payment of bills pertaining to other serice connections in his name. The electricity officials disconnected the service connection of my client though he is regular in payment of bills. I have filed an interlocutary application and obtained orders of reconnection. But the Officials are not heeding to the orders of the forum and refused to reconnect the service stating that they would prefer an appeal. I have filed a petition under section 27 of Consumer Protection Act for issuance of arrest warrants against Opposite parties. What else can i do???
J K Agrawal (Expert) 22 June 2008
The line of action taken by you is correct. I think that tenant has a right to un interrupted services of public utility services like electricity and water. If the land lord is disturbing the tenant the tenant may apply for separate connection. The procedure is summery and SDM has powers. As tenancy laws are different in all states so pl consult your local laws.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Querist) 23 June 2008
Thank you sir. Actually the APEPDCL people i.e., the electricity board has restored the service connection and now they are asking me to not press the section 27 petition.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :