LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

One letter mistake in sale deed and stamp duty e-challan

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 April 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I have recently purchased and registered a home agreement from a builder and the e-challan,Index2 and Ghoshvara Bhag 2 has misspelt my name in English and omitted the a letter completely.

Could this be rectified with a rectification deed. Please advise
For example my name is Suvarna has been typed as Suvana.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 18 April 2024
What is home agreement?
Is it a sale agreement for purchase of house property?
Since it is an agreement, you need not worry about rectification.
You can ensure that this mistake do not happen when you get the sale deed registered.
You can scrutinise the sale deed draft properly and approve only if everything is alright.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 20 April 2024
Any mistake can be rectified by registering rectification deed.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 20 April 2024
Your name is misspelt in e-challan but not in the agreement and the agreement is registered without observing the name you keep silent. It is not necessary for a rectification deed if the letter is misspelt in e-challan.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now