LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Official tour by employee

(Querist) 04 December 2023 This query is : Resolved 

I request some information regarding Official Tour amount reimbursement.

1.For any reason other than official reason , if employee travels through longest route to the destination while performing official journey(onward journey), whether the employee can claim the ticket fare equivalent to the direct route(make a request to the employer to restrict the ticket amount for reimbursement to the shortest route ticket amount) .

2.if employee travels in other than short route , whether the employer can stop to reimburse even the amount equivalent to short route amount and cause financial loss to the employee .

Any data/ Guidelines/circulars/notings/declarations/ clarifications in this subject matter may kindly be issued .

You have mentioned, "For any reason other than official reason...". What exactly do you mean by that?

Generally, the rules governing reimbursement of expenditure while on duty, including Travelling Allowance, etc are covered by the internal guidelines of the organization concerned. Normally, if an Employee travels via the longest route rather than the shortest route for valid reasons, the reimbursement shall be restricted to the shortest route. However, the reason for taking the longest route is the key. If the reason for traveling via the longest route is justifiable, there is no reason to deny reimbursing the fare as per the shortest route.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 04 December 2023
you have not mentioned

If he govt employee?

how you are connected to case?
murali (Querist) 04 December 2023
long distance travelled for personal reason for visiting one famous temple at another town. declared same reason to the management and made request for limiting my amount of reimbursement to the shortest route(equivalent to the return journey route ticket amount)
murali (Querist) 04 December 2023
not direct govt , but PSU employee
kavksatyanarayana Online (Expert) 04 December 2023
Usually, if you travel via long routes or with breaks, you will also get the TA as per Railway fare on the shortest route in state governments and PSUs.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 05 December 2023
If you have informed the employer about this and had applied for reimbursement of actual fare by the shortest route, then the employer would sanction the same after ascertaining the correctness of your claim.
Since it will not be a pecuniary loss to the organisation, your claim may be entertained.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 06 December 2023
How are you connected to the issue?
P. Venu (Expert) 07 December 2023
Facts, as posted, suggests deeper issues. Please post complete facts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now