LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Non Return of Documents by the Bank

(Querist) 12 February 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Dear All,

We have paid the due amount to the Bank as per RBI one time settlement guidelines and also Bank has collected its legal expenses from us though RBI Guide lines do not allow such thing. We have obtained full and final settlement and No due certificate from the Bank on 30/04/2003. By 2000 year itself Bank has filed a Case and won in the lower Court and the same was appealed by us in the High Court and pending as on the date of settlement. Our valuable property was pledged as security and the original documents are with the bank.

Till today the Bank has not returned the original documents to us thought we have met them several times and also written several Registered letters to the Bank and its DGM Office.

Please advise us the next course of action to be taken up on the Bank including filing of Criminal Case and as well as claiming compensation etc.

Please quote some use full judgments on this issue.


PALNITKAR V.V. (Expert) 12 February 2009
YOu may not only file suit for compensation but you may also approach the consumer forum . I will find out if any judgements are available on the point.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 12 February 2009
You may also approach the Banking Ombudsman having jurisdiction over the location where the Bank concerned is situated with your grievance and if there is no resolution of the matter, then you may consider Consumer court,etc.
R.S.Rajesh (Expert) 12 February 2009
If the account has been settled with the payment of settled amount, what is the reason given by the bank to withhold the documents for scuh a long period that too when the No Due Certificate is issued .If there is any deficiency in service , you can approach the Banking Ombudusman/ or consumer forum for your greivances.
Kamlesh soni (Expert) 13 February 2009
you can approach the Banking Ombudusman/ or consumer forum for your greivances.It is the best way.
sanjay singh thakur (Expert) 13 February 2009
Dear Chandra
You better approach District Consumer Forum and file a case for deficiency in service on the part of bank. I have asked you to approach Consumer Forum and not Banking Ombudsman because in Consumer Forum you can claim compensation. There are several judgements on similar subject and your case will be positively allowed. Do mail me for further query.
Sanjay Singh Thakur
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 16 February 2009
I do agree with Mr. Planitkar. 4 further querries u can contact me at:-09711364956/09871158578

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query