New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Non practising advocate scope

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 08 September 2023 This query is : Resolved 
Due to employed in accounting job, by informing bar council enrolled as non practising advocate in 2014. As per rules i am not participating in bar election & not represent in any court or legal authority. Now i working with a builder firm as a employee. My query is that can i use "Advocate" word adding before my name and can i sign on a document as a advocate identifier for various document executants before sub-registrar or notary. Can i sign any property title report or public notice for newspaper. Thanks.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 September 2023
If you completely quit the job, renew your enrollment as a practising member and you may be appointed as a Legal Advisor to the Builder's Firm.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 September 2023
If you are employed after getting enrolled in a bar council as an advocate then you may have to file an application for suspension of practice which can be resumed once you quit the employment.
During the suspense of practice you are not supposed to use the word advocate either as a prefix or suffix to your name.
You should not sign the papers or documents in the capacity of advocate.
It will be treated as an act of misconduct as per advocate's act

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now