FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

No divorce

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 19 December 2011 This query is : Resolved 
respected sirs,

I dont wanna give my wife divorce....but my in laws are threatning me like any dam thing...everyday they make call to my family members and tell them to make me ready for Mutual Consent Divorce else they are going to file 498A Domestic Violence and so on...My wife is under influence to them...plz help...now i accepted that i vl do whatever u people will say...just waiting after 5-6 months when matter becomes cold, i will say i cant give her divorce....can after 9-10 months of judicial sepration girl can file all this false cases(498 & dv) and if yes than what is weightag of such bokas cases...
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 19 December 2011
The wife can file such cases even if she is staying separated for longer period than that.
If you are really willing to stay with her and try to have talk with her and make her see reason.
Moreover you can file a suit for restitution of conjugal rights which would help you defend such false cases if later filed by her.
Deepak Nair (Expert) 19 December 2011
Yes. I agree with Mr. Barman. The best option for you is to file a case for restitution of conjugal rights without waasting time.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 20 December 2011
Don't file Restitution of Conjugal Rights, it would seal your fate with 498a and other laws.

If you don't want to divorce her for love you have for her, be a man and fight all odds.

Otherwise, if she is not willing to live with you, why you want to force her to live with you? What are the reasons?


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query