LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need lawyer who know usa and indian law

(Querist) 17 September 2014 This query is : Resolved 
My brother is married in India(Indian spouse)in 1999 and now settled in USA(H1B visa), he is going through personal life crisis.

My Sister-in-law wants divorce, custody of both kids and property. She has been threatening of 498A case against my family if demand not met.

My brother needs a lawyer in India-Mumbai, who know law of both country (USA + India). To fight his case.

He has 2 kids(both USA citizen) and property in USA as well as in India-Mumbai.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (Expert) 17 September 2014
U can contact us at 9871158578
R.K Nanda (Expert) 17 September 2014
search LCI lawyers.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 17 September 2014
You can contact Mr Sethi or Mr Shroff of this site both of whom are quite proficient in matrimonial laws.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 17 September 2014
In USA the divorce is no fault divorce and generally fast enough in many states. You have not mentioned in which state they are living. Legal fee is generally very high in US (aprox. 200 to 300 USD per hour and may be to the tune of 25,000 USD for full case or say 15,00,000 INR.or more) If there is no case of physical torture / assult and they are living there from last 6 months (or any other time specified by state law) your brother should file case there. He may have to distribute matrimonial property and have to provide maintenance to children as per state law there.

Divorce is easier there than India. In India, false criminal and other cases have to be faced. It is time consuming and continuous tension.

For lawyer you should think on the suggestion from the experts.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 17 September 2014
There are hundreds of Divorce Lawyers, very efficient, Bombay being international city, and lots of cases of usa/ indian Laws governing their marriage & Divorce,

Choice is yours...
Imp point is, Ground for Divorce in USA, shuls also be a ground Available under Hindu Law/ their respecxtive marriage laws in India, otherwise USA Divorce Decree is not binding in Indian Laws and vice -versa..

Tjhere are thousands of judgement and citations {SC}available for foreign residing Indians.. [ NRI or Citizens.. married under Hindu Law..]
ajay sethi (Expert) 17 September 2014
thanks for your vote of confidence Mr barman .

dont bow down to black mail tactics . eevn if wife files 498A case husband can get bail as per recent Sc judgement

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query