25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need assistance on pagdi systems

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 August 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hi we are staying in a chawl since 1980 and rent was 30 rs and 40 rs for 2 rooms . The imla malik didnt allow us to repair house since. In 2019 since my house was on bad condition I repaired my house which she objected however we did repair. Now the imla malik keeps increasing rent after every 3 month's please advise us the right as a tenant as we have a legal document that states the amount paid to her under pagdi system when the house was purchased and rent that will be paid that is 30 and 40 rs. Since Imla malik is increasing the rent I told her to give me legal document that she is increasing the rent. Please advise what I need to do as I have not paid her rent since last year. Should I pay her rent without the legal agreements.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 August 2022
You shall pay the rent as mutually agreed in the agreement. Solve the problem amicably by taking the help of both (you and she) the well-wishers.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query