LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Advise

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 February 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I am based in NCR and live in a property on the first floor with my family. The plot was purchased and constructed by my father 35 years back. One of fathers brother stays with his family along with grandmother in the same house for last 20 years on the ground floor. My father was living on the ground floor and died last year and in his will left the property to me (only child daughter) and giving right to my uncle to stay till grandmother is alive also neither my father or me have never charged any rent from my uncle and his family. Also my mother has died a few years back. I am married and staying with my family on the first floor in the same property. Now my grandmother has also died recently and uncle and his family are refusing to vacate. Uncle already has a three bedroom flat within 5 kms of our house which is lying vacant and has 1 plot in NCR. I have talked to Uncle and also written to him asking for when they would be vacating but he is not responding. We are also hearing that they might be moving to their house in a couple of months and are planning to lock the ground floor and go. The water connection is from the ground floor and I have some of my personal stuff and furniture on the ground floor. Please advise how should we proceed if they lock and leave as going to court would take a long time and we can’t stay without water and can we take police help to get immediate relief in such case
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 31 January 2012
File a civil suit for partition and possession.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query