LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change in birth certificate

(Querist) 23 June 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Dear sir,
My son born in 2008 in hyderabad. During that time hyd is belongs to ap state.

We are now living in eluru in andra pradesh. Now i wany some correction in the name in his birth certificate, but state is divided and hyderabad is now in telangana..

So kindly suggest me the correct procedure to do the change in his birth certificate.
K Rajasekharan (Expert) 23 June 2018
Correction of any mistake can be made in the birth certificate by the Registrar of the office which originally issued the certificate, on bonafide reasons, after making due correction in the birth register being maintained there.

The exact proceedural formalities need to be collected either from the office of the registrar of birth registration or the website maintained by the State Registrar of Births.

Registration of birth is being done based on a central law and state government has no much say in it.

In Kerala the state registrar's office is part of the Directorate of Panchayat and the registration is being done by the Secretary of the Grama Panchayat
Kumar Doab (Expert) 23 June 2018
IT is felt that you have to approach registrar of Births at Hyderabad and inquire by citing justified reasons.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 24 June 2018
I agree with Raja Sekharan.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 24 June 2018
I agree with Raja Sekharan.
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 24 June 2018
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 25 June 2018
I agree with Raja Sekharan
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 June 2018
I agree with Raja Sekharan.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query