Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

motorcycle theft police is not registering FIR

(Querist) 30 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Somebody has stolen my motorcycle onyesterday,i reported the matterto the police & newspapers.Police is not registering any DDR or FIR,what i have to do now,can i approach court seeking direction us 156(3)crpc for registration of FIR.Plz enlighten me.
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 30 April 2008
Yes, file a complaint to the magistrate for direction of recording of FIR. You can also right to the Superintendent of Police under Section 156(2) of the Cr.P.C.
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 25 July 2008
Yes if you file a complaint under section 190 (1) (a)of Cr.P.C the magistrate will refer the same to the police for investigation under section 156 (3) of Cr.P.C. Then the police have to register the FIR if your complaint contents are true.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query