Upgrad LLM

Mhada property transfer on event of death

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
26 October 2020

Dear Sir,

My dad had bought a Mhada property but he passed away recently and he havent made any will nor nominee.
Now we want to transfer that property on my mother name from Mhada. Could you please help us to know the entire process and documents involved in doing transfer. We are living in Khopoli and property is also in Khopoli location.
I also want to know whether we will have to pay certain fees to local registrar officer for property transfer or else.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
26 October 2020

In absence of any will, property would be transferred in the name of all legal heirs. Other legal heirs may sign relinquishment deed, so that the property can be transferred in the name of your mother.

Contact MAHADA office / local lawyer to know the procedure and fee on such transfer.

ganesh sonarOnline (Querist)
26 October 2020

Thanks sir for your information but I would like to know if I complete the legal proceedings of mhada do I have to do further processing with registrar office of khopoli

Isaac GabrielOnline (Expert)
26 October 2020

What do you mean legal proceedings? Merely the legal heirs can do it without legal proceedings subject tothe condition others should relinquish rights as observed by Expert Mr.Rajendra Goyal.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
27 October 2020


In the absence of any nomination and any will you have to get a legal heirship certificate from the court. After getting a legal heirship certificate from the court you will have to register a relinquishment deed in your mother's name. Then the property will be transfer in your mother's name.

ganesh sonarOnline (Querist)
27 October 2020

Thanks sir for your valuable feedback

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)
27 October 2020

AGREED with all the above legal views.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
27 October 2020

I also agree with the advice the above-learned experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x