Mhada property transfer on event of death

My dad had bought a Mhada property but he passed away recently and he havent made any will nor nominee.
Now we want to transfer that property on my mother name from Mhada. Could you please help us to know the entire process and documents involved in doing transfer. We are living in Khopoli and property is also in Khopoli location.
I also want to know whether we will have to pay certain fees to local registrar officer for property transfer or else.

In absence of any will, property would be transferred in the name of all legal heirs. Other legal heirs may sign relinquishment deed, so that the property can be transferred in the name of your mother.

Contact MAHADA office / local lawyer to know the procedure and fee on such transfer.

ganesh sonarOnline (Querist)

Thanks sir for your information but I would like to know if I complete the legal proceedings of mhada do I have to do further processing with registrar office of khopoli

What do you mean legal proceedings? Merely the legal heirs can do it without legal proceedings subject tothe condition others should relinquish rights as observed by Expert Mr.Rajendra Goyal.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

In the absence of any nomination and any will you have to get a legal heirship certificate from the court. After getting a legal heirship certificate from the court you will have to register a relinquishment deed in your mother's name. Then the property will be transfer in your mother's name.

ganesh sonarOnline (Querist)

Thanks sir for your valuable feedback

Hemant AgarwalOnline (Expert)

AGREED with all the above legal views.

I also agree with the advice the above-learned experts.

×