LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage certificate registration

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 16 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Experts,

I need help, I want to register my marriage which happened in 2006. I am from Mumbai and i have and address proof of before marriage and my wife is also from Mumbai but she doesn't have any address proof of before marriage she is only having birth certificate.
Right now she has many proof like voter id, name in ration card, pan card, aadhar card, passport etc.. all are of after marriage.
Please guide how can i register for MC.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 16 May 2024
As per birth certificate she can file a notarized affidavit for her address proof. And if you are Hindus, the SR will condone the delay in registration of marriage and it will be registered now with fees for condonation of delay as per your state government rules.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 16 May 2024
You can appraoch the registrar of marriage within the jurisdiction where your marriage was solemnised.
You will be informed about the requirements to be complied.
You can follow the instructions as advised and proceed with getting the desired certificate

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now