LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintanability of high court petition

(Querist) 12 May 2022 This query is : Resolved 
I had made complaint to District Caste Scrutiny Committee (Maharashtra) 3 years back against false certificate of a person. Till date neither Final order is made on my complaint nor any hearing is done in last 10 months. As per Rule 19 of Caste Validity Rule, 2000 Committee will give its decision within 6 months of complaint filed date. As already gone pass 3 years, can I file petition to High Court to ask Committee to give its decision within next 6 months ?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 12 May 2022
First file an RTI application asking the reasons for not taking action on your complaint before the said committee. Then file an appeal against the committee to the next higher authority who is the appellate authority also.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query