LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 10 April 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sirs, I filed an application for NP Bore 0.22 revolver at Kolkata, I am also a member of the Bar. I like to know that if I can file a Mandamus against Kolkata Police / Home department for not considering my application since last one year. If yes, what is the procedure, and how can I be guided, I want to pursue the case myself.
sanuj klshreshtha (Expert) 11 April 2010
HI, I just want to tell you that, instead of moving a mandamus petition, u may avail other efficaious remedies like seeking refusal/reasons for non allowing your application under Right to information act, that will be a fast and apt recourse and relying upon that information u may seek the redressal of the writ courts.. thanks
swajan.... (Querist) 11 April 2010
I think Mr.Sanuj your approach is quite right, and I will do that. Thank you v much.
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 11 April 2010
instead of moving a mandamus petition under Art 32 or 226, you can approch other effective remedies like seeking demand/ refusal/reasons for not considering your application under Right to Information Act.

based on that information you may institute the case in any court of law, subject to the valid conditions.
Kiran Kumar (Expert) 11 April 2010
i agree with my friends let the reasons be asked first.

may be by way of application under RTI Act or through Legal Notice.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query