LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 27 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
Sir please help me.
I have confessed under some Sections of M.V.Act. The vehicle was seized by police under Section 207. The case now have been disposed of. My client is not the owner of vehicle. He has bought the vehicle only on a sale letter written in a stamp paper. Thus registered owner his another one.
I am requesting court to release the vehicle to my client. But honorable court is not accepting and is saying that vehicle can be released only to the registered owner. The registered owner is far from this locality and totally unable to reach the court. What should I do?
B.B.R.Goud. (Expert) 27 August 2009
u can now request the court, to release the vehicle after coming the register owner, not to take any action against your client.
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 27 August 2009
Mr Gaud is right. it is duty of registered owner to communicate the fact of transfer to RTO and it is duty of transferee to approach to RTO for change of name of owner.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 27 August 2009
I entirely agree with above veiws.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 27 August 2009
is d owner in yr contect?
if yes dn yr problem can solve!
ur client take power of attorny by d actual owner 2 release dt vehical.
if ur client is not in touch of actual owner dn there u can moove 2 types of application-
1-u can give undertaking dt with in limited time u tranfer d owner ship -or-
2-pray 2 call to the owner by d court.
contect me i will suggest u how d prayer can apply?
Bhumik Dave (Expert) 28 August 2009
In vehicle ownership transfer party's presence is nt require so 1st u tell the seller to send a TTO form with his sign than after contact a RTO agent and transfer the ownership.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Querist) 28 August 2009
Sir whether vehicle can be released to the person from whom possession it was seized? I have requested but court does not agree. if yes please show me some citation.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 28 August 2009
summoning d owner in d case by d coutr.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Querist) 28 August 2009
But Sir the case now has been disposed off.On what ground we can plea for summoning

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query