Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lok adalat

(Querist) 25 December 2016 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir/Madam,
My wife has lost her memory completely, she is physically and mentally abnormal due to the side effect after outcome of suicide attempt(hanging herself). Now she is living with her parents. My in-laws filed a case against me and case is under trail in court u/s 498(A), 504, 506.
My twin girl childs(6 years) are with my in-laws. They also filed a DV case in Court.

My in laws and me are decided to compromise and approached the Court where DV case is running and the court ordered to come lok adalat to settle the issue

Pl explain the lok adalat system and the following

1. who will prepare compromise Petition
2. What is my role in lok adaalat
3. if im not satisfied with Lok adalat's
suggestion what should I do
4.What should I do if lok adalat forced me to accept the conditions which I dont agree
5. what will happen if we failed to compromise in Lok adalat
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 25 December 2016
Have amicable settlement on the terms with the help of both side lawyers, submit before the lok adalat, prey the lok adalat to decide accordingly.

Such terms accepted by lok adalat are binding.
Adv Prashant (Expert) 25 December 2016
Once lok adalat passed a judgement, it will be binding on both parties.
Adv Prashant (Expert) 25 December 2016
Once lok adalat passed a judgement, it will be binding on both parties.
Siddharth Dev (Expert) 25 December 2016
Nothing to add
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 26 December 2016
If both the parties to litigation agree on an issue lok Adalat your case will be settled in 1/2 an hour. If you don't want to submit to its jurisdiction or compromise through lok Adalat fails you can challenge lok adalat decision which is equal to a civil court decree and binding on both the parties will happen. If otherwise you will have to challenge lok adalat decree in case of failing of settlement by a writ petition.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query