Legal heir suit,

in pondicherry legal heir certificate are obtained only through court and not through daslidhar, it is filed by way of plaint, the question is the plaintiff resides in pondicherry and the defendant resides in tamil nadu, where to file the suit, what is the territorial jurisdiction to file the suit. and citation based on it. and whether sec 20 of cpc, can be of some help to this case, experts kindly enlighten me

adv. rajeev ( rajoo )Online (Expert)

The place where the person had died, has got jurisdiction to file the suit. Even in the native place of the deceased has got jurisdiction to file a suit.

mastanrao.bhogadi (Expert)

Sir You have to file suit where property is situated. Sec 20 not applicable to your case

you have to file the suit where the cause of action aroused.

Jurisdiction depends upon the situational place of the property or accounts for the purpose of which heirship certificate is sought.

sripartha (Querist)

experts thanks for the valuable advise which you have given me

×

New Course - IBC!     |    x