LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Land documents

(Querist) 16 October 2021 This query is : Open 
Sir, I have purchased 2 acres of an agricultural land in Andhra Pradesh along with my relative with 50:50 partnership (1 acre in my name and 1 acre in my relative's name). The registered documents of mine are also kept with my relative because of our plan to convert the agricultural land into residential land and sell them. Recently, I and my relative had disputes on other issues and I asked him to give my land documents for which he refused to give. My Queries are:

1. What should I do now??
2. Can my relative sell away my land without my notice??
3. How can I get back my land documents??
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 16 October 2021
You both purchased the property, so he cannot sell your part. For the safe side, you can put a protest petition before the SR concerned. Though you put a protest application, the SR cannot stop registration, but he will give you an acknowledgment and it will be used for evidence.
suneetha Jain (Querist) 17 October 2021
Thank you Satyanarayana Sir. I would like to inform you that I have purchased 1 acre of land and my relative has purchased 1 acre of land from the same person.We have got them registered separately in two separate documents but not jointly in a single document (1 acre in my name and 1 acre in my relative's name)
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 17 October 2021
Then he cannot sell your property.
suneetha Jain (Querist) 17 October 2021
Sir, I would like to know how I can get back my Registration Documents from my relative
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 18 October 2021
if your relative is not interested to give, you can apply for a copy of the document at SRO concerned or online (e-seva).
suneetha Jain (Querist) 18 October 2021
OK. Thank you Sir for the reply

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query