25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

land dispute

(Querist) 27 January 2011 This query is : Resolved 
we had purchased a piece of land from mr. nilamani sahu during 2003 and it was bounded by laterite stone and was under our possession. accidentially during december-2010 sister(85 yrs)of nilamani sahu who married 50 yrs ago, starts claiming 50% of the land through POA.whether she can get her share or not?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 January 2011
I the seller from which you purchased the property had exclusive ownership oer the said property then his sister can not claim any share on it.If no, then she can claim her due share. So without knowing the details of the ownership of your seller it is difficult to comment.
rn pradhan (Querist) 27 January 2011
the property was nilamani sahu's fathers property.his sister claims her share only on the patch of land sold by his brother instead of share on the whole property of his brother. if she gets share as per law ,whether the cost of land she gets from her brother or from the purchaser who purchased the land during last 08 years?
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 27 January 2011
If the property was joint and undivided at the time of your purchase the the co sharer can claim her share from any protion of it. You negotiate with your seller so he pays the cos of her share and get a deed of partition executed.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 27 January 2011
I agree with Barman Sir.
Amit Minocha (Expert) 27 January 2011
agree with Mr. Barman
Guest (Expert) 27 January 2011

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query