LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

land acquisition

(Querist) 20 May 2008 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
I bought a plot property Near Orakadam , Sriperubudur sold by a reputed lay out promoter of those period 2 decades ago.
I was given sale deed and also patta issued by Tahsildar. I got a acquisition notice from Tahsildar for industrial acquisition. On verification I was informed that the property alloted to me was on govt land. Hence no compensation. What is gurantee for the people who invest in plots as their life time savings turned to be total waste after 25 years.
J K Agrawal (Expert) 20 May 2008
Whenever one purchase a land a rule of caveat emptor is applicable and the purchaser is required to check the title of seller at least up to last 30 years.
Money recovery suit or any other suit is not viable after 25 years. Just consult a good local lawyer practicing civil side who can find a ground of action by looking your title papers. Better to involve the land in any litigation and try to lingeron.
TSBehera (Expert) 21 May 2008
You can file a case for for cheating /forgery before a Criminal Court U/s 420,467,468 IPC against your seller.
State in facts that you have been cheated by builder and seek relief as Sale Value+interest + damages
TSBehera (Expert) 21 May 2008
Period of limitation starts from date of detection of forgery /fraud.Moreover fraud nullifies all law and it has no limitation practically.
You file your Complaint Case before Cjm/CMM accordingly.
Consult a good lawyer
Guest (Expert) 22 May 2008
Since the fraud has come to light now only, you can lodge a criminal complaint against the seller. Prior to this, if you can spend, consult a lawyer and send a legal notice to the person concerned. Initiation of Criminal action may lead to recovering your loss.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query