LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jurisdiction of civil court

(Querist) 26 August 2010 This query is : Resolved 
Does a civil court have jurisdiction to try a matter related to leakage from a flat owner of co-operative housing society under the law of torts for private civil wrong & injury ?
s.subramanian (Expert) 26 August 2010
Yes. The civil court has jurisdiction.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 26 August 2010
Yes but this query is repeated for more than once.
Ria (Querist) 27 August 2010
Respected Expert,

I have asked this query once again because the Defendants lawyer has contended that the civil court does not have jurisdiction to deal with leakages of water from one flat into another flat, he states that this matter has to be dealt by co-operative societies court.
I have contended that the leakage is due to the wilful negligence of the plaintiff, therefore under law of torts the civil court has jurisdiction to deal with sucj matters.

Please guide if I can assert civil courts jurisdiction under section 9 and section 19 of the CPC 1908.
Satyendra Kumar Pandey (Expert) 27 August 2010
Whether the building is govern by society Act? clarify it. Also clarify your status in that building.

If it is not govern by aforesaid act then CPC is applicable on it.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query