Joint ownership of property

This query is : Resolved 

21 June 2015

I have a joint property in jaipur with my brother, we have a flat with 4 rooms, common drawing and dining with kitchen on the 4th floor. our flat is measuring 3800 sq. ft area including roof and penta house ( one room with WC ). Moreover , we have a office at ground floor( 700 sq ft) , one room and WC in the basement( 350 sq ft) along with big hall ( 1200 sq ft).The ground office is in the possession of my daughter where as basement room, wc and big hall is in the possession of my brother where his son in law is operating his business of wooden work. The upper portion flat was being used jointly by me and my brother upto year 2007, but then my wife transferred to ahmedabad and we both lived there there upto 2014, but now my brother is not giving me keys of the 2 rooms which were under possession to me prior to 2007 and also were used by us when we visited jaipur frequently during 2007 to 2014,the intention of my brother is to grab the whole flat , what should I do now to take possession of half flat or atleast 2 rooms. The entrance in the flat is common through one gate, kindly reply me and if necessary ask me other details also
dr bhargava

21 June 2015

File a suit for partition.

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
21 June 2015

Try to have amicable settlement with the help of common friends and relatives.

If no result file suit for partition.

drakshey (Querist)
22 June 2015

Thanks for your guidance, but can you tell me how much time does it take normally after filing suit to settle the issue, can it be filed in high court, pl reply

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x