Upgrad LLM

Is interest to be paid on arrears of back wages received by court for more than 10 years back

This query is : Resolved 

15 August 2011

I want to know if interest on arrears of the back wages of more than ten/fifteen/twenty years is awarded by the court. In all the judgments of serving employees where back wages is awarded no orders are given for interest. kindly clarify giving some ruling of supreme court so that claim for interest can be made to the department.

Guest (Expert)
15 August 2011

Dear Kumar,

Unless the judgment specifically makes a mention of payment of interest, no interest becomes payable on arrears of back wages.

However, if case is not yet filed in the court of law, you can make a specific request to allow payment of interest.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
15 August 2011

I do agree with Dhingra ji and want to add that generally arrears of more than 38 months prior to filing of suit cannot be claimed.

K.S.SrinivasOnline (Expert)
15 August 2011

I agree with Mr.Dhingra.

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
16 August 2011

Is it makkad sir? Can you clear something more about this with illustration. This is new one to hear me.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
16 August 2011

Money recovery is restricted only up to 36 months plus 2 months of notice period means only 38 months prior to filing of civil suit.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x