LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ipc 279 & 337

(Querist) 11 February 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Have a Good Day Sir/Madam,

I would like to ask one help , my brother in law Drive a Car with valid Insurance and recently expired license, unfortunately hit one Two wheeler , while the other car over taking , he turn towards left in the road edge there are 4 person in the Bike with Family Two Adult and two children's, they were fall down in the Road and went hospital with minor injury and recovered within two to three days , the nearby patrol police came and rise FIR with IPC 279 and 337, after one month the advocate sent notice to my Brother in law claiming 5 lacs for each family members, means 20 lacs for four persons, even though there was no major injury,

What is legal formality, how to solve the issues,

First of all they were 4 persons in the bike as well as my brother in law don't have valid license, both case how to resolve the issues.

Please advice..
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 11 February 2024
Wait for the filing of the charge sheet. Your brother-in-law shall consult a local advocate (criminal knowledge person). You can if you so desire plead guilty and pay the fine imposed by court. act as per your lawyer's advice.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert) 11 February 2024
If the police have registered a FIR, then your brother in law should first get enlarged on bail.
After that he can challenge the case on merits to get it dismissed.
Regarding lawyer notice, your brother in law should engage the services of an advocate and issue a reply notice denying the allegations leveled therein.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now