Insurance cliam for motor vehicle

This query is : Resolved 

04 October 2012

I had lodged accident claim for my motor car with Bharatiya AXA insurance. The claim was for Rs. 34900/- but they had sanctioned only Rs. 20300/- and accordingly had sent cheque of this amount without details. I had asked for details as to how they have finalized claim and then I planned to appeal to their higher authorities. In the meanwhile if I deposit the cheque in my bank would it amount to my accepting the claim and do I lose further rights to appeal? Should I not deposit cheque? Validity of cheque is very near. What should I do with the cheque?

kumar sachin (Expert)
04 October 2012

u should correspond with the company regarding your non satisfaction and less payments and keep copies of all the correspondences with you.
if the company still do not satisfy you, you should serve legal notice before depositing the cheque and should lodge your grievance and protest of less payment and only thereafter deposit the cheque
you may move to consumer forum for the same also

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x