Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

I gazetted my new name bt upsc applicatn asks name(ssc memo)

(Querist) 11 March 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I got my name(gazetted) changed after graduation(2019) and applied for caste certificate(as per my husbands caste) too..but i didnt changed my name in any of my educational certificates but i did in adhaar and voter id attaching gazette as reference. The problem is: UPSC APPLICATION ASKS TO ENTER NAME AS IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE AND UPLOAD ID(VOTER/ADHAAR). AS Per ssc-graduation certificate's,i have my old name(Pr******) but adhaar and voter id have new name(S*******). WHAT CAN I DO? SHOULD I APPLY WITH MY OLD ADHAAR SO THAT IT WILL MATCH WITH MY OLD NAME AS PER SSC CERTIFICATE OR SHOULD I CHANGE MY ADHAAR BACK TO OLD NAME ,WILL IT BRING ANY FUTURE PROBLEMS? SUGGEST ME A WAY? IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE NAME IN ALL OF MY EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES? I HAVE ONLY FEW DAYS LEFT FOR APPLICATION PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS.. GIVE ME AN IDEAL SOLUTION. Which category(caste) should i choose(husband(BC-E)/father(BC-B)) for reservation?

H.M.Patnaik (Expert) 11 March 2021
U can't apply citing old Aadhar Card and Voter id once it is modified. Better U can complete the procedure for change of name with the Board & University attaching the Gazette notification regarding change of name.
P. Venu (Expert) 11 March 2021
You can upload the documents as available and the discrepancy could be explained through the Gazette Notification. There could be change in caste consequent to marriage.
Priyanka (Querist) 11 March 2021
Thank you so much for the valuable response sir!
I will apply with the name(old) in ssc as specified in application and adhaar detail(new nname).At examination centre,I will show them the gazette notification.

Just give me an insights specifically about the caste,Can i apply using my husband's caste or it is just used for my future kids only but not for me?
JAN 20,2019: Caste decided by birth, can't be changed by marriage: SC
I got a gazette notification last year and It not only consists of my name correction but it have others who got their name corrected on that date.Is it sufficient or is there any think like a specific gazette certificate I get?

Best Regards,
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 11 March 2021
Caste is never changed. And a person marries other than his/her caste then also caste will not be changed which comes from birth. For a name change, get your marriage registered under Hindu Marriage Act or solemnized under the Special Marriage Act. In the marriage application, you have to change your name, with your husband's surname. Then give a Notarised Affidavit to that effect.
Priyanka (Querist) 12 March 2021
Sir i got my new name gazetted Last year .
Can i change my caste (voluntarily) from BC-B to BC-E?I GOT CASTE(BC-E) CERTIFICATE ALSO LAST YEAR.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 12 March 2021
You can't change your caste as desired even though you have obtained your certificate.
Priyanka (Querist) 12 March 2021
Thankyou sir!
Now I got clear idea about the caste change..Thank you so much for the valuable response @ Raj kumar Makkad sir.
Best Regards,
Guest (Expert) 12 March 2021
To Whom So Ever it May Concern --- Refer the False Commitment made on July 27th 2020
Guest (Expert) 12 March 2021
" Stay Committed to your Decisions " --- Tony Robbins
Priyanka (Querist) 12 March 2021
Good evening MR.Rajkumar sir,
Provide me an ideal solution for my problen,stated above.I'm about to apply tonight by using old name,as per ssc memo (mandated by upsc) and adhaar card(nee name).
I decided use the caste ,inherited from my father,since reservation is given for the caste in which I'm born and not for my choice of caste,changed after my marriage.
Please go through above poibts,let me know Am I going wrong anywhere..
Please help me out sir,I'm confused with many different opinions given by many experts.
Best Regards,
Adv K Rajasekharan (Expert) 13 March 2021
When you change your name by a due process of gazette notification, then onwards you cannot use the old original name.

If you legally change your name and use the original name it is a misrepresentation of fact.

Even though your old name appears in your certificate it should be read as your new name from the date of its change and you should keep a copy of gazette along with the certificate to prove the change.

Practically you can use new name alias old name (Sarita@/alias Ramita) in UPSC form, if it accepts such a form which will definitely convey about such a mismatch in name. Alias means known as.

Otherwise, use the new name and explain it wherever possible including keeping an affidavit for the purpose.
P. Venu (Expert) 13 March 2021
To my knowledge, there is no law as to how a person ought to be named or a procedure mandated or regulated or recognised law as to how a person ought to be named. Equally, there could be more than one spelling when a vernacular proper name is written in English. Now, with the computers taking up routine clerical work, such a mismatches could create insurmountable problems. The prudent course is to stick to the name and the spelling) that is entered in the matriculation or secondary certificate.
Priyanka (Querist) 13 March 2021
Thank you so much MR.venu sir!
I applied last night with keeping all your instructions in mind and finally successfully applied and application was received by upsc.
Thank you so much sir,for helping me out and giving a clear insights on the issue in call(Answered in 1st ring)yesterday.Assiting to a unknown person from diff state on call shows your greatness and kindness.
Thanks a lot sir!
Best Regards,
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 11 December 2022
Surprising. How can one apply for caste certificate based on husband's cast. It is always as per cast of father.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query