Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrasment by daughter in law

(Querist) 29 April 2008 This query is : Resolved 
We are two brothers,i m permanentally settled in Delhi with my family.My brother alongwith his wife & two issues are residing with our mother & father in a joint home but with seprete mess in a other town.This house is in the name of my mother & it is self aquired property of my father(not ancestral property)now position is that my brother & his wife is harrasing & even beating my father & mother usually and ultimetaly some day prior they both kicked out my mother & father from the house.Now my parents are living in a rented house.My Bhabhi & brother are continously threatning them for false dowry case.what is remedy available for my parents.
Rajesh Kumar (Expert) 30 April 2008
Your parents should throw your brother and bhabhi from his house without any delay.
Plz. tell me whether your parents are wroking/retired or not. Besides that they are having means to maintain themselves or not.
H. S. Thukral (Expert) 30 April 2008
I remeber a similar case in Delhi where the plight of the aged parents who were thrown out of their house by their sons was reported in the newspaper. The Hon'ble SC took notice of the news and Police Commissioner was summoned. The possession of the house to the elderly was restored summarily. Your parents can take recourse to filing a writ in HC as their fundalmental right -
Right to Life has been snatched away.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 08 September 2008
Yes, rightly said by Mr Harbhajan & Mr Rajesh. Your parents should take immediate action against your brother & brother's wife.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query